WordPress: New Media Conspiracies - Blog
This was a University assignment completed in my first year. The brief was to carry out the investigation, production, documentation and reflective evaluation of a blog. The blog topic was to be related to the module's subject matter, some aspect of ‘new’, digital media.
- For the site to demonstrate my understanding of the historical context of new media; its continuity with, and divergence from previous media technologies.
- To apply conceptual frameworks to reflect critically on new media.
- Appreciate the scope of applications of new media and the relationship with culture and society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social, economic and professional issues associated with the creative industries.
- Reflect on my own engagement with new media and my future role as a practitioner.
- Understand the legal and ethical issues relevant to the use and development of new media.
This project also demonstrates WordPress familiarity, writing, and researching and publishing skills.