PHP & AJAX: Debookme - Interactive Book Club
Debookme was a University assignment completed in my second year. The brief was to develop a fully automated, personalised and interactive book club using Ajax, PHP and MySQL.
- A user login page.
- 2-3 pages, to display the books.
- Interactive method to enable users to share book reviews.
- To be able to submit reviews for the books on display.
- To be able to read reviews left by other users for the books on display.
The following needed to be implemented using PHP:
- A method of maintaining state as the user browses the different pages.
- Interfacing with MySQL database to retrieve and submit book reviews.
- Interfacing with the MySQL database to enable the user login functionality.
The use of Ajax to create an interactive user interface was an essential requirement of this assignment.